2020欧洲杯官方网站 A large Department of Defense Command CIO was tasked with finding significant cost savings in administrative services. Meanwhile, he was receiving ongoing user complaints about printers not working for weeks at a time. Each of the command's 10 locations secured supplies from different vendors at various times with their own separate procurement methods, including credit cards and purchase orders. Overall, the printer management process was in disarray and there was no way to predict downtime and monthly costs.
Xerox conducted a detailed assessment of cost and time spent managing output devices, which revealed the opportunity to automate paper-based processes and reduce printing. With the proposed solution, the DOD Command consolidated to under 200 print devices, including MFDs, printers and wide format devices for engineering drawings. And one associate was empowered to oversee supplies and maintenance across all 10 locations, changing the management strategy from reactive to proactive. The total projected result was savings of 40 percent a month.
- Exceeded projections with 50 percent savings after only two years of MPS being in place
- Savings of $1M over the contract ($200K a year)
- Significant time saved by paying just one invoice each month vs. over a dozen multi-vendor invoices
- CIO is "very happy with Xerox Managed Print Services and no longer receives complaints"
- Other Department of Defense Commands now replicating this success with similar expected cost savings